Anyone calling in needs to do so AHEAD of time. We've asked that call-in or WebEx members get set up 10 minutes before the scheduled meeting time.
Advisory Council visitors are welcome; however, attendees must respect the CF Center at Stanford cross infection guidelines. Please do not attend in person if you have an active viral infection or any other contagious condition. If you have CF, keep three feet between yourself and others who have CF. Avoid shaking hands with others. Additionally, individuals with CF who have ever had a confirmed positive sputum culture for Burkholderia cepacia (B. cepacia) or who have cultured Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) within the past two years, or who are currently culturing a bacterium resistant to all antibiotics (pan resistant) may not attend our sessions in person due to the cross-infection risks to others with CF. Please see the "To attend this meeting via WebEx" section at the bottom of this agenda if you wish to attend this month's meeting via WebEx.
The Stanford Adult Cystic Fibrosis Advisory Council Agenda
Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 from 5:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Location: Blake Wilbur Conference Room
- Introduction of Council Members (if guests are present)
- Introduction of Guests (if guests are present)
- Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting: http://cfacmeetings.blogspot.com/2011/08/july-2011-minutes.html
- Introduce Jocelyn Villaruz, new Chest Clinic manager
- Advising the CF Clinic
- update: researching physician variability vs. individual doctoring, statistics for patient outcomes – Laura
- at our quarterly feedback meeting Dr. Mohabir discussed positive statistics for the current Stanford CF adult model – Dr. Mohabir
- Council meeting WebEx recording discussion
- Proposed Stanford CF adult specific newsletter?
- Quarterly feedback meeting summary:We scheduled our next ACFAC feedback meeting for: Friday, December 9th** How do we want to gather feedback for this December feedback meeting?
Summary of meeting:1. There were no revisions suggested to the "Get to Know the Stanford Adult CF Team" questionnaire (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7WrtjnOi5wMOGUyOWRkMTMtNTFjZS00ZDZjLWJiZTUtYjE4NjNlYTQ5NWU0&hl=en_US). It is being distributed to the whole CF team (docs, coordinators, NPs, dietician, etc.) in September with a deadline of October 10th.2. Dr. Sista is no longer with the Stanford CF team. The 3 remaining CF doctors will spend more time at clinic (clinic coverage time will not decline). Also, Dr. Mohabir and Dr. Weill still have room to add more one-on-one CF patients. If patients are interested, contact Kathy.3. The CF center's clinic feedback form is estimated to "launch" November 1st. Dr. Mohabir plans to show the advisory council a draft with the questions before then.4. Jay and I passed on that we are hearing more and more patients and family express relief that the "growing pains" are subsiding, and generally feeling more positive about the Adult CF Center at Stanford.
- ACFAC Website: http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/acfac/
- Reminder to all: any files sent between council members must include filename and date footnote. See template (download only): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7WrtjnOi5wMYjE4YzAwMDYtNjk3My00Y2JhLTk4YWUtY2ZkZjYyYThjZTVm&hl=en_US
- Please submit any website changes or additions to Jay. Changes will be made in 1 month batches after each month's meeting.
- Kriss owes changes to: Help Us, Help You (port needle size plus month/year placed)
- Laura: bylaw file (66% noted as attending at least 8 of the 12 meetings per year and election timing changed to January of each year)
- FYI: Cystic Fibrosis Caregivers Support Group is now fee free (donation requested)
Tuesdays, starting July 5th 2011; 6:00 to 7:30pm
See new Flyer with information here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7WrtjnOi5wMZDQxM2RjMzUtYzA4YS00ZTE3LThhMzUtODJiNzgwMDI5NTNh&hl=en_US
- Vice Chairperson (Laura) reviews her record of all items needing action and person(s) responsible for each action to close our meeting
- Set date/time for next meeting – October 19th, Wednesday at 5pm
- ACFAC CLOSED SESSION: voting and non-voting Advisory Council members, Advisory Council medical and staff advisors only.
- Vote on new Membership application. - Vote on attendance enforcement
To attend this meeting via WebEx:
Please remember our council's WebEx policy: http://cfacmeetings.blogspot.com/p/webex-policy.html
Meeting Number: 803 691 753
Meeting Password: september
To start or join the online meeting:
Go to https://stanfordmed.webex.com/stanfordmed/j.php?ED=155184572&UID=493120277&PW=NZjg3MzFmYzI5&RT=MiM0
Audio conference information:
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code (803 691 753).
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-669-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Global call-in numbers: https://stanfordmed.webex.com/stanfordmed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=155184572&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf