Anyone calling in needs to do so AHEAD of time. We've asked that call-in or WebEx members get set up 10 minutes before the scheduled meeting time.
Advisory Council visitors are welcome; however, attendees must respect the CF Center at Stanford cross infection guidelines. Please do not attend in person if you have an active viral infection or any other contagious condition. If you have CF, keep three feet between yourself and others who have CF. Avoid shaking hands with others. Additionally, individuals with CF who have ever had a confirmed positive sputum culture for Burkholderia cepacia (B. cepacia) or who have cultured Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) within the past two years, or who are currently culturing a bacterium resistant to all antibiotics (pan resistant) may not attend our sessions in person due to the cross-infection risks to others with CF. Please see the "To attend this meeting via WebEx" section at the bottom of this agenda if you wish to attend this month's meeting via WebEx.
The Stanford Adult Cystic Fibrosis Advisory Council Agenda
Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 from 5:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Location: Blake Wilbur Conference Room
- Introduction of Council Members (if guests are present)
- Introduction of Guests (if guests are present)
- Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting: http://cfacmeetings.blogspot.com/2011/10/9-21-2011-minutes.html
- Discussion: Each council member brainstormed 2 questions to add to Adult CF in-clinic survey for any new versions that may be created in the future (if the first version form is a success).
- Discussion: Each member to brainstorm ideas to encourage adults to show up to adult CF clinic at least quarterly.
Also, brainstorm how to inform or raise awareness of the choice adult CF patients have to be followed by one doctor (reminder, these requests are made through Kathy).
- ACFAC Website: http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/acfac/
- Update: "Get to Know the Stanford Adult CF Team" questionnaire CF Team response (deadline requested was October 10th).
- Parking note and Council template is on our resource page now. Our resource page link: http://cfacmeetings.blogspot.com/p/stanford-acfac-resource-page.html
- Please submit any website changes or additions to Jay. Changes will be made in 1 month batches after each month's meeting.
- Eric M. will summarize "CFRI LIVE - Successful Transition: Ride With Us" (presented by Kathy Gesley). Transition is a topic that commonly comes up when our representative (currently Chairperson, Kriss) meets with the pediatric council. The CFRI presentation is recorded here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17823167
- From the Pediatric council meeting in September: Is there enough priority on adult content on CF center site? http://cfcenter.stanford.edu/
- WebEx meeting video and voice recording links removed from online meeting blog. Our council secretary will always have a file with links to our recordings.
Are these recordings searchable or discoverable?
Should they be password protected?
- Reminder that a conversation about filling council officer positions, office responsibilities, and filling vacant spots before our January election is planned for our November council meeting. Officers please think about if you want to ask to remain in your position. Members please give real thought to if you want to consider an officer position and any questions you might have about each position.
- Vice Chairperson (Laura) reviews her record of all items needing action and person(s) responsible for each action to close our meeting
- Set date/time for next meeting – November 16th, Wednesday at 5pm
To attend this meeting via WebEx:
Meeting Number: 808 133 886
Meeting Password: october
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://stanfordmed.webex.com/
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: october
4. Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Access code:808 133 886